[Linux-cluster] unformat gfs2

Mr.Pine pine5514 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 06:23:14 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 11:12 PM, Mr.Pine <pine5514 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tnx alot,
>
> I would run script and send back result.
> Regards.
> Pine.

Hi,

Scripts is very very slow, so i should write program in c/c++.

I need some confidence about data structures and data location on disk.
As i reviewed blocks of data:

All reserved blocks (GFS2 specific blocks) start by : 0x01161970
Blocktype store location is at Byte # 8,
Type of start block of each resource group is: 2
Bitmaps are in block types 2 & 3.
In block type 2, bitmap info starts from Byte # 129
In block type 3, bitmap info starts from Byte # 25
Length of RGs are const, 5 in my volume (out put of gfs2_edit -p rindex /dev/..)

Is this info right?

Logic of my program seams should be like this:

(1)
Loop in device and temporary store block id of dinode blocks, and also
their bitmap locations

(2)
Change bitmap of blocks to 3 (11)

Bob, could you confirm this?