[Linux-cluster] Where logged messages when intra cluster down?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu May 29 08:31:19 UTC 2014

Hello,
on a two node cluster with CentOS 6.3 I set this in cluster.conf for testing

        <logging>
                <!-- turning on per-subsystem debug logging -->
                <logging_daemon debug="on" name="corosync"/>
                <logging_daemon debug="on" name="fenced"/>
                <logging_daemon debug="on" name="qdiskd"/>
                <logging_daemon debug="on" name="rgmanager"/>
                <logging_daemon debug="on" name="dlm_controld"/>
                <logging_daemon debug="on" name="gfs_controld"/>
        </logging>

Then I cut the intra cluster lan and only when the configured totem token
timeset expires I get inside messages

corosync[11945]:   [TOTEM ] A processor failed, forming new configuration.
corosync[11945]:   [QUORUM] Members[1]: 1
corosync[11945]:   [TOTEM ] A processor joined or left the membership and a
new membership was formed.

with every node trying to fence the other one.
Where can I find messages during this delay (from cut time to token expired
time) that let me know that the nodes are not communicating via the
intracluster lan?
I presume /var/log/cluster/corosync.log, but this file with debugging on is
very verbose and it is not so clear to me how to pinpoint the lines
describing that I'm having a problem ....

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca