[Linux-cluster] Problems building fence-agents from source

Benjamin Coddington bcodding at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 15:45:07 UTC 2014

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014, Alan Evangelista wrote:

> On 10/23/2014 12:46 PM, Benjamin Coddington wrote:
>>  Hi Alan,
>>
>>  I don't know how well the upstream fence-agents will work or build on
>>  CentOS 6.5, but I can tell you that the way to resolve this particular
>>  problem would be to find the m4 for AC_PYTHON_MODULE and drop it in your
>>  build's m4/ directory..
>
> I already see the m4 file in make/ac_python_module.m4. Copying/moving file to
> m4 directory didnt solve the problem.
>
> FYI this macro was introduced in a patch today (commit
> 5a87866c70e3dc77798d3e6fd77e2607757d26b5).
> Maybe the macro is broken?
>
> AC_DEFUN([AC_PYTHON_MODULE],[
>        AC_MSG_CHECKING(python module: $1)
>        python -c "import $1" 2>/dev/null
>        if test $? -eq 0;
>        then
>                AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
>                eval AS_TR_CPP(HAVE_PYMOD_$1)=yes
>        else
>                AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
>                eval AS_TR_CPP(HAVE_PYMOD_$1)=no
>                #
>                if test -n "$2"
>                then
>                        AC_MSG_ERROR(failed to find required module $1)
>                        exit 1
>                fi
>        fi
> ] )

Ah, looking at the second portion of your original error report now.. it
looks like you have AC rules in your configure script.  That indicates
that configure wasn't correctly created..  delete your configure script
and run autogen.sh again now that you have ac_python_module.m4 in the
AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR (which is m4/).

Ben