[Linux-cluster] How we conform OCF in fence agents and what to do with it
Marek "marx" Grac
mgrac at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 08:37:31 UTC 2014
I took a look at OCF specification for resource agents from
I rewrote it from DTD to Relax NG (XML form) and attempts to modify it
until it accept current resource agents. These changes are put for
discussion and I will mark those that are important for fence agent with
<resource-agent> is root element
1*) new actions required: on, off, reboot, monitor, list, metadata
2) "timeout" for service should be only optional?
3) I don't understand element "version" directly under <resource-agent>
as it has attribute "version"
4) we have added directly elements "vendor-url" and "longdesc" under
<resource-agent>. This is inconsistent with "shortdesc" that is
attribute but long description really should not be an attribute.
5) we have added attribute "automatic" to <actions> (e.g. fence_scsi)
6) our parameters use only "shortdesc", so perhaphs "longdesc" can be
7*) element <getopt> for parameters and how they can be called from
command line (used for man pages generation)
8) add "required" attribute for each parameter
9) add "default" value for <content> element
10) make element <special> optional. what should be inside?
11) <resource-agent> does not have only londgdesc but also shortdesc
More information about the Linux-cluster