[Linux-cluster] GFS2 filesystem consistency error

Andrew Price anprice at redhat.com
Mon Feb 15 14:43:31 UTC 2016

On 15/02/16 14:26, Daniel Dehennin wrote:
> But the start of the “gfs2_edit savemeta” command looks stange to me:
>
>      There are 1073479680 blocks of 4096 bytes in the destination device.
>      Reading resource groups...Done. File system size: 1023.734M
>
> Is it saying my FS is 1TB instead of the real 4TB?

I suspect you're using an older version of gfs2-utils that doesn't
contain this patch:

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/gfs2-utils.git/commit/?id=45b761f6

It's only a cosmetic "multiply by the fs block size before printing the
value" step that's missing, so nothing to worry about.

The patch was included in gfs2-utils 3.1.7.

Cheers,
Andy