[Linux-cluster] Fencing Question

Andrew Kerber andrew.kerber at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 21:37:01 UTC 2016

I am doing some experimentation with Linux clustering, and still fairly new
on it. I have built a cluster as a proof of concept running a PostgreSQL
9.5 database on gfs2 using VMware workstation 12.0 and RHEL7.  GFS2
requires a fencing resource, which I have managed to create using
fence_virsh.  And the clustering software thinks the fencing is working.
However, it will not actually shut down a node, and I have not been able to
figure out the appropriate parameters for VMware workstation to get it to
work.  I tried fence-scsi also, but that doesnt seem to work with a shared
vmdk,   Has anyone figured out a fencing agent that will work with VMware
workstation?

Failing that, is there a comprehensive set of instructions for creating my
own fencing agent?

--
Andrew W. Kerber