[Linux-cluster] Using gfs2/dlm directly and from outer space

Pierre-Philipp Braun pbraun at nethence.com
Sun Aug 23 16:42:36 UTC 2020

It's been almost a week, so in the meanwhile I found a workaround.  I
just downgraded the kernel to 4.18.x to match RHEL8's maintained version.

I did not even have to apply all the RHEL/CentOS patches I found.  Just
building the latest 4.18 vanilla kernel (4.18.20) did the job.  I
suppose it could possibly work with a few more recent versions.  But for
that, some insights would be needed from you guys, to figure out what
parts of the DLM kernel implementation is making the user-land DLM obsolete.

Anyhow I am now using GFS2 and DLM on Slackware Linux current (with a
downgraded kernel version) and it works pretty well so far.

GFS2 FROM SCRATCH
https://pub.nethence.com/storage/gfs2

Thanks
Pierre-Philipp