[linux-lvm] lvmcreate_initrd and then?

Richard Heider jr richard at heider.de
Mon Oct 18 04:33:30 UTC 1971

Hi all,

I want to install my root filesystem on a LVM volume, but I am quite
clueless about what to do with the imagefile generated by
"lvmcreate_initrd", like how to configure LILO to use it.
(I am using Suse 6.3 with LVM 0.8)

Also I am not sure how to get the system installed in /dev/vg00/root in
the first place?
Do I have to first install a running system on a normal partition?

I'd appreciate a short roadmap that would outline the way to get a Linux
system boot from a LVM root volume for "semi-skilled admins :)". Keyword
and references to existing docs are fine, of course.

cu
Richard
--
Richard Heider                               http://richard.heider.de/
"The software said it requires Win95 or better, so I installed Linux."