[linux-lvm] Preserving LVs

Holger Rauch hrauch at datech.heitec.de
Thu Dec 30 13:06:37 UTC 1999

Hi!

How can I preserve existing LVs (such as the ones used for the
"/usr/local" and "/home" fs) over new installations? Sure, the kernel
resides in "/boot", so I can keep that as well, but all the user mode
tools are gone.
>From time to time it's just necessary to do a complete installation from
scratch to keep track with the latest Linux distributions (the "update"
function doesn't always work), and I don't want to run into problems
later. That's why I'm asking this question here.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year!

Greetings,

	Holger