[linux-lvm] Re: your mail

Thomas Haas haas at softwired-inc.com
Wed Feb 17 15:02:50 UTC 1999

Hi

I am using the md raid stuff
(http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/daemons/raid/) right now. For the md
stuff both problems (booting md root device and shutdown) were solved in
one way or another. The last time I checked initrd had been used for
booting. I have not tracked how the shutdown problem has been resolved.
Some cleanup may be moved into the unmount call.

As I used AIX before I am waiting for LVM since a long time. I am glad it
is finally here. Now, only JFS must be implemented. Anyone on more details
on this (URLs)?

tnx for the great work
- tom

--