[linux-lvm] ERROR -6 activating volume group

Adrien Farkas freddy at redneck.sk.oracle.com
Tue Jul 13 11:28:02 UTC 1999

Hi,

I'v got the following problem: I've created volume group, logical volume, everything ran okay. vgscan and vgschange both ran with no problems. Then I recompiled the kernel (2.2.10-ac) with LVM included and now the situation is:

vgscan runs okay, gives

vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- found volume group "vg1"
vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully created

but vgchange -a y gives

vgchange -- ERROR -6 activating volume group "vg1"

Anyone can guess what's wrong and how to avoid it?

Thanks in advance
--
                                             freddy

----==-- _                      Adrien "freddy" Farkas
---==---(_)__  __ ____  __       freddy at sk.oracle.com
--==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  We all know Linux is great... It
-=====/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\  does infinite loops in 5 seconds