[linux-lvm] RAID and LVM?

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Wed Jul 14 22:38:06 UTC 1999

I'm wondering: is it possible to run LVM on top of the linux-raid
patches?

I'd like to carve up my disks into 500MB RAID-5 devices, and then
build LVM on top of the /dev/md devices instead of the usual
/dev/sd{a1,b1.. etc} devices.

Should I try it? or do the 2 patches tread on each others toes? (i
notice they both touch buffer.c).

if it can't be done, then are there any plans to integrate linux-raid
and linux-lvm, or change LVM to able to use md devices?

(LVM and RAID are very complementary... really should be merged)

thanks,
--
Paul Jakma
paul at clubi.ie	http://hibernia.clubi.ie