[linux-lvm] RAID and LVM?

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Thu Jul 22 07:48:45 UTC 1999

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 10:22:57PM +0100, Paul Jakma wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Luca Berra wrote:
>   > raid0145-19990421-2.2.6 (which I've been using for quite a while),
>   which is a very BAD idea, (hasn't crashed yet? hope it doesn't)
>   UPGRADE your raid patches YESTERDAY
>
> the bug you're reffering to won't crash your system, it just means
> that resyncs will never finish.
i know, i meant that if your system crashes you'll have troubles

> i corrected the current->priority bug manually.
you dinna say that! (so i switched into auto-warn mode)

> Anyway, back to the RAID+LVM saga.
i was in an hurry yesterday evening, anyway i'll do this kind of work
with the latest raid patches, they are more likely to be those that
end up in 2.2.x
> So this has to be fixed soon anyway, and i'd love to be the guinea
> pig. :)
me too, i'll try something this weekend.

L.

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
    Communications Media & Services S.r.l.