[linux-lvm] Re: root filesystem in lvm

Ulrik De Bie winmute at kotnet.org
Tue Jun 8 13:52:41 UTC 1999

Hello,

> How would LILO deal with a kernel image spread over several physical
> partitions (or even disks) (in case you not only want a root fs on LVM but
> a striped/mirrored/trucmuched one) ?
Mirrored would not be such a complex thing I guess, as it simplifies to an
image on one of the mirror partitions. Important is to realise that as far
as lilo is concerned, only the partition where the boot image resides is
important (mostly the partition where /boot resides or even the /boot
partition).
Then it is up to the kernel to find the necessary code to mount the root
partition and start init.

Kind regards,
winmute