[linux-lvm] booting with lvm

Tobias Reber tobias.reber at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Mar 1 08:59:58 UTC 1999

Rolf,
I can boot with 2.0.36. I have put all the lilo files onto a
vfat-filesystem. From there I can boot. Is it a typo or did you comment out
all your disk-driver modules. Do you have the drivers in your kernel? Also,
you have to have /dev files in your ramdisk, so that vgscan can find the
disks. As you may have already noticed from this list, a logical volume
cannot boot, nor can it contain any files lilo needs during boot. However,
the / filesystem works fine with lvm.
You should remove the comments from the devfs mount and the commands that
install the disk drivers. Also I suggest to load the disk drivers before lvm
Tobias