[linux-lvm] Announcement: LVM 0.6 available.
mike at msede.com
Tue Mar 2 20:52:48 UTC 1999
Since Heinz is currently enjoying his trip to California
i would like to annonce the new LVM version 0.6.
- Support for Linux 2.2.2
- The fixed limit of 8 volume groups with up to 31 logical
volumes each is gone: You can have 1 volume group with up
to 256 logical volumes or 99 volume groups with 2 or 3
logical volumes each or any combination in between.
- Sizes can be specified with units now; for example you are
able to provide the logical volume size in megabytes, gigabytes
and terabytes 8*)
- Read ahead sectors now can be chooseen on a per logical
volume base with lvcreate(8)/lvchange(8);
no global setting with lvmchange(8) any longer
- new options s and n for pvscan(8)
- /proc/partitions fully supported with kernel 2.2.1 now
Additional information on Linux LVM is available at
LVM 0.6 is available for download at
Please note that LVM 0.6 is still considered alpha.
Michael Marxmeier Marxmeier Software GmbH
E-Mail: mike at msede.com Besenbruchstrasse 9
Voice : +49 202 2431440 42285 Wuppertal, Germany
Fax : +49 202 2431420 http://www.msede.com/
More information about the linux-lvm