[linux-lvm] Actual status of LVM in stock kernel

Daniel Whicker heimdall at mail.org
Mon Nov 15 15:39:59 UTC 1999

At 05:14 AM 11/15/99 , you wrote:
>Maybe somebody out there has a good idea.

I don't know about *good*, but perhaps bringing it up in the kernel mailing
lists might spurn some interest.  I know that Linus & Alan both frequent
it, as well as other major players.  We may be able to light a spark into
someone Linus talks with daily.

>BTW: LVM will be in SuSE 6.3 and that will hopefully help us a lot!
>      (THX to Volker Wiegand, Dirk Hohndel and others at SuSE)

Heinz, have you heard from anyone at RedHat?  With their recent push
towards servers as well as their deal with Oracle, LVM seems like it would
be a perfect fit, especially if you're looking at breaking into Data Centers.

									-Daniel