[linux-lvm] LVM & Raid

Andreas Kostyrka andreas at mtg.co.at
Sun Oct 3 15:42:41 UTC 1999

On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Lars Segerlund wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  I'm having trouble setting up lvm on a raid5 array ( /dev/md0 ),
>  my trouble is that pvscan doesn't find it, ( how in the heck
Well, see the list archives, I've posted a small patch so that it can be
found.
>  do I label a raid partitium so that pvscan vill recognize and vgcreate
>  will think of it a partitiun ?? )
>
>  I have been running lvm with raw disks, but now I seem a bit stuck.
Well, I did get some hung boxes (completely hung, without oopses, etc.
on a raid0145 / LVM 0.7 box with a RAID5 physical volume. So I reverted
to using raid0145 with LVM :( )

Andreas
Andreas Kostyrka                     | andreas at mtg.co.at
phone: +43/1/7070750                 | phone: +43/676/4091256
MTG Handelsges.m.b.H.                | fax:   +43/1/7065299
Raiffeisenstr. 16/9                  | 2320 Zwoelfaxing AUSTRIA