[linux-lvm] List admin: was Spam
mike at msede.com
Mon Oct 4 21:12:34 UTC 1999
Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >>>>> "Chris" == Chris Anderson <chris at alwan.com> writes:
> > Yes. I vote yes.
> As a reader accessing this list from a local nntp gateway, I vote no.
I propose the following aproach:
1. Posting is restricted to members by default.
2. To post from a non-subscribed account please drop a message to
linux-lvm-approval at msede.com to get write permission to the
list. You are then added to a list of accounts which can
post to the list w/o beeing subscribed.
3. All non subscribed posts are bounced to the list admin
and could be forwarded to the list or added to the
list of acceptable accounts.
This should take care of valid concerns against restricting posting.
- drop messages which neither have linux-lvm in To or CC
- ignore the Spam (for now).
If you care about the recent spamming, please send any comments
or suggestions to me (instead of the list) and i will post a
summary. This should avoid an endless discussion.
My 0.02 euro
Michael Marxmeier Marxmeier Software AG
E-Mail: mike at msede.com Besenbruchstrasse 9
Phone : +49 202 2431440 42285 Wuppertal, Germany
Fax : +49 202 2431420 http://www.msede.com/
More information about the linux-lvm