[linux-lvm] Generic resize tool

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolinux.com
Tue Aug 1 18:42:38 UTC 2000

Hello,
I'm wondering if people are interested in having a more generic resize tool
than the current e2fsadm.  I've updated e2fsadm to have support for the
GNU ext2resize tools (ext2resize and ext2online) in addition to resize2fs,
but I was wondering about adding support for reiserfs resizing as well.
At this point e2fsadm isn't a very good name for it anymore.

I was thinking if renaming it to "chfs" the same as AIX LVM tool which
handles both LV and FS resizing, among other things, and does not sound
fs-specific.

Cheers, Andreas