[linux-lvm] Using Oracle with lvm AND rawio: read(512) from

Jorg de Jong j.e.s.de.jong at freeler.nl
Mon Dec 4 14:14:28 UTC 2000

"Michael Ju. Tokarev" wrote:

Hi Michael,

I had a look at you original message and I found two things;

- the man page of raw says that you can not use dd on a raw device !?!
- further more I suspect that it might be the case that our logical volume is
to small to create the requested table on.

The oracle documentation says on the subject :

--
Jorg de Jong
Work : mailto:jorg.de.jong at ict.nl
Play : mailto:j.e.s.de.jong at freeler.nl