[linux-lvm] How do you mount a snapshot?

David Gould dg at suse.com
Fri Dec 8 06:33:00 UTC 2000

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 03:56:11PM -0500, Chris Mason wrote:

> On Thursday, December 07, 2000 12:37:43 -0800 Tracy R Reed
> <treed at ultraviolet.org> wrote:
>
> > So...can I or can I not use snapshots with reiserfs? The snapshot was
> > taken of a currently mounted and functioning (reiserfs module
> > loaded...compiled into the kernel, actually) so if I did the snapshot
> > correctly there should be a filesystem there. I'm going to wipe it out
> > (nothing on it but some test files) and try again with ext2 and see what
> > happens.
> >
> > This should work, shouldn't it?
>
> It should work with ext2.

Really? I wonder. Maybe right after a sync before anything gets dirtied,
but otherwise, how could the disk image be consistantly, er, consistant?
And would not e2fsck have the same issues about writing?

Or did I just wake up pessimistic today?

-dg

--
David Gould                                                 dg at suse.com
SuSE, Inc.,  580 2cd St. #210,  Oakland, CA 94607          510.628.3380