[linux-lvm] Can't find ext2 fs with LVM 0.9

Shane Shrybman shane at zeke.yi.org
Fri Dec 22 18:46:41 UTC 2000

Hi,

This is most likely a pilot error issue. I have tried
2.2.18aa2 and 2.4.0-test13-pre4 which both contain
LVM 0.9. I installed the lvm 0.9 tools which seem to
work fine, I can vgscan and vgchange -a y and everything
looks fine in the LVM. The only rpoblem is that when
I try to mount my LVs it says it can't find the ext2
fs on the LV. I get a message like this one with kernel
2.2.18aa2:

VFS: Can't find an ext2 filesystem on dev lvm(58,1).
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/vg01/lv01,
       or too many mounted file systems

The same thing happens with 2.4.0-test13-pre4, but
all is ok with 2.2.18pre17aa1 which contains LVM 0.8.

What have I missed?

shane