[linux-lvm] Patch to 2.3.40

Brian Kress kressb at moose.net
Thu Feb 10 22:16:03 UTC 2000

Hi all,

	I'm curious.  Why does the 2.3.40 patch to
Configure.help for LVM mess with sound drivers?

-Generic OPL2/OPL3 FM synthesizer support
-CONFIG_SOUND_ADLIB
-  Answer Y if your card has a FM chip made by Yamaha (OPL2/OPL3/OPL4).
-  Answering Y is usually a safe and recommended choice, however some
-  cards may have software (TSR) FM emulation. Enabling FM support with
-  these cards may cause trouble (I don't currently know of any such
-  cards, however).
-
-  Please read the file Documentation/sound/OPL3 if your card has an
-  OPL3 chip.
-
-  If unsure, say Y.
-
-

-  Answer Y here, unless you know you will not need the option.

+