[linux-lvm] Mirroring

Michael Marxmeier mike at msede.com
Tue Feb 15 19:27:52 UTC 2000

> perhaps...but it makes it impossible, if I've understood this
> architecture, to use a floating mirror for live backups.
>
> i.e., set up 3 10 gb partitions "a" "b" and "c", and one 10 gb spare "d"
>
> attach "d" as a mirror of "a", wait for sync, detach, backup "d"
> attach "d" as a mirror of "b", wait for sync, detach, backup "d"
> etc.

AFAICS you can do the same with LVM snapshots (not fully working yet).
Either create an LVM snapshot and backup the snapshot directly or copy
the snapshot to an extra lvol.
IMHO you get the same result by using a different machanism.

Just a thought
Michael

--
Michael Marxmeier           Marxmeier Software AG
E-Mail: mike at msede.com      Besenbruchstrasse 9