[linux-lvm] MD RAID DEVICES INFO

A James Lewis james at fsck.co.uk
Thu Feb 24 15:10:41 UTC 2000

The MD functionality has only just matured, how is this to be moved
forward into 2.4?  Is the MD functionality being rolled into LVM?  What
about duplication of effort.... I take it that large portions of code can
be shared?

I am told that LVM supports only linear and RAID0 which is hardly
useful... I appreciate that this is a work in progress but with 2.4 on the
horizon can we really justify dropping a well tested and functional system
for somthing without the major functionality of MD?

Perhaps somone can let me know how they see this moving forward?