[linux-lvm] [3 Questions... (fwd)

Terry Hardie terryh at orcas.net
Tue Jan 4 16:08:14 UTC 2000

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Michael Marxmeier wrote:

> 2. LVM 0.8i kernel compile fails
>
> I got an error yesterday while trying to compile the latest LVM patch
> - it
> failed with 'undefined reference to lvm_init' or something when
> linking
> the final kernel. The kernel config works fine with 0.7...

Actually, on line 362 of lvm.c in your kernel source, block/drivers,
change the word "static" to "extern". The problem doesn't show up if
you're compiling LVM as a module.

---
Terry Hardie					terry at gxc.com
Founder and Chief Technology officer		ICQ#: 977679
Convergence Equipment Co, Manassas, VA, USA	V: +1-703-361-5566
"Home of the BOB Class 4 convergence switch"