[linux-lvm] Re: (reiserfs) Re: AIX JFS dual-mount (fwd)

Michael Marxmeier mike at msede.com
Sat Jan 29 20:17:27 UTC 2000

Forwarded message ...

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 09:54:03 -0800
From: "Peter C. Norton" <spacey at lenin.nu>
Subject: Re: [linux-lvm] Re: (reiserfs) Re: AIX JFS dual-mount
treed at ultraviolet.org on Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 12:14:49AM -0800

GFS seems to require some support from hardware in the way of
"dlocks", a
not-too widely supported standard.  I think you'd need to have drives
that
implement dlocks, and that the lvm would have to know about them.
What
would need to be done to the volume stuff to support dlocks?  Could
any
filesystem be built on top of a volume manager with dlock support?

-Peter

--
The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.