[linux-lvm] LVM 0.8final for 2.2.15/2.2.16?

Andi Kleen ak at suse.de
Tue Jun 6 14:42:20 UTC 2000

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 10:51:54AM +0100, Paul Jakma wrote:
> is 0.8final going to be backported to 2.2? I'd love to have the
> snapshot capabilities of 0.8final, but there's no way i'm going to
> run 2.3/2.4test on a production machine.

The SuSE 6.4 kernel contains a back port. You can download a source
rpm from ftp.suse.com

Note that the snapshots may not be as useful as you may think though -
they are readonly and it is therefore impossible to replay a journal
or run a fsck on them. This means you effectively can only take
snapshots from unmounted file systems.

-Andi