[linux-lvm] vgscan fails to find vg

zoo1 at corecomm.net zoo1 at corecomm.net
Sat Jun 17 18:13:44 UTC 2000

On Sat, Jun 17, 2000 at 05:58:54PM +0200, Heinz J. Mauelshagen wrote:

><SNIP vgscan utput>
>The output shows, that the Volume Group is exported.

yes; i'm sorry, this was a side effect of my working around the problem
with vgexport / vgimport.

i shut down without exporting the vg, only deactivating it, and
restarted again with the following commands in rc.sysinit:

    /sbin/vgscan -v -d > /root/vgscan.1 2> /root/vgscan.2
    /sbin/vgchange -v -d -a y > /root/vgchange.1 2> /root/vgchange.2

this failed to come up, so i then had to restart again with my usual
vgexport / import, but at least i think i've got good logfiles this
time. since they became longish, i've tarred and gzipped them and
attached the tarfile to this email; i hope the mailing list software
doesn't dislike mime attachments. :-/