[linux-lvm] compiling lvm into 2.3.49 Q.

Michael Marxmeier mike at msede.com
Mon Mar 6 14:24:08 UTC 2000

bug1 wrote:

> Im new to lvm, im trying to use lvm 0.8 final and 2.3.49
> My understanding is that the lvm patches are included in the default
> kernel now.
> So im trying to compile my kernel with lvm support or check if it gets
> compiled in by default.
>
> In make menuconfig i see no reference to LVM, the docs mention it should
> be under block devices, i cant see it there.

A few bits have been lost during the kernel merge.
Please have a look at http://linux.msede.com/lvm/doc/BUGS

In short: You need to apply a kernel patch. There is currently
no 2.3.49 patch but the 2.3.48 should work.

patch-2.3.48-lvm      - patch against kernel 2.3.48

> I even tried aplying that patch-lvm_0.8final, didnt want to apply
> though.

This is not for the kernel side. It's against the LVM tools.

Hope this helps
Michael

--
Michael Marxmeier           Marxmeier Software AG
E-Mail: mike at msede.com      Besenbruchstrasse 9