[linux-lvm] Old problem cropping up again with 0.9 lvm tools?

John DeFranco defranco at cup.hp.com
Wed Nov 29 03:51:47 UTC 2000

Hi,

I'm having a problem doing a pvcreate on a raid
device. It fails with:

[root at ham 0.9]# pvcreate -v /dev/md0
pvcreate -- locking logical volume manager
pvcreate -- checking physical volume name "/dev/md0"
pvcreate -- getting physical volume size
pvcreate -- checking partition type
pvcreate -- invalid partition type 0x83 for "/dev/md0" (must
be 0x8e)

I had this problem with the 0.8final but was pointed to
a suse lvm user tools rpm (lvm-0.8-70-i386.rpm) that worked
great.

Now with the 0.9 tools the issue is here again. Is there
a fix for this (since I don't think I should use the
0.8 suse tools with 0.9 lvm)?

Thanks.