[linux-lvm] scsi/fc multipath failover patch

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Mon Nov 6 15:56:44 UTC 2000

All,
  I've been lurking on the list for a while, and I just found something
that would probably be of great value to everyone. While I've heard
people ask for it, I haven't seen anybody who knew of a patch to provide
multipath failover for Linux.  Linuxcare developed multipath failover
when they made the Sun T3 driver, although I haven't seen it publicized.
Their kernel patch provides a generic multipath-failover layer for
linux. The kernel patch is fairly small and clean, and comes with a
couple userspace tools to set everything up. The URLS are below

http://open-projects.linuxcare.com/t3/   <--Generic project homepage
http://open-projects.linuxcare.com/t3/download/sun-t3-0.3.1.tar.gz

cheers!
Michael Brown