[linux-lvm] scsi/fc multipath failover patch

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Mon Nov 6 20:01:04 UTC 2000

Andreas Dilger wrote:

> Joe Visser writes:
> > Does anyone know whether md, lvm and likeminded drivers are resistant
> > against this alternate pathing solution? I mean, when you connect a SCSI
> > (or FC disk for that matter) through two controllers, any application or
> > driver that does scanning of the attached disks and partitions will
> > encounter the same disk/partitions twice.
>
> Heinz has said that in the upcoming 0.9 release of LVM, there will be

Is there cvs repository or some such thing so that us mere mortals can
test/contribute to upcoming release? I've a lab full of machines that can be
used for the cause, several fibre-channel devices, lots of scsi external
storage, and lots of other neat toys I can do horrible experiments on without
whining about lost data.