[linux-lvm] lvdisplay disagrees with df for resized LV

Eric M. Hopper hopper at omnifarious.mn.org
Wed Oct 11 17:20:34 UTC 2000

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 05:28:22PM +0100, Andy Cowling wrote:
> Thanks to all for your help. I'm using reiserfs and on SuSE 7.0, the
> resize utility was hidden away in /sbin/resize_reiserfs.
>
> I have resized the file system to 90G successfully but, there always a
> but isn't there :-), df now reports a total of 88Gb.
>
> Out of interest is this due to rounding or reisfer/LVM housekeeping ?

	It's due to Resierfs housekeeping.  That represents a 2.2%
overhead, for filesystem housekeeping, which isn't too bad.  I'm a
little surprised it's that large.  I wouldn't be if it were ext2, and
would actually expect it to be more, but it's certainly within the realm
of reasonableness.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they
be properly armed.  -- Alexander Hamilton