[linux-lvm] vgcreate -- ERROR "lvm_tab_read(): size" inserting...

Mark Phillips mark at ist.flinders.edu.au
Sat Oct 14 04:58:39 UTC 2000

Hi,

I'm using LVM for the first time and I got this error:

# vgcreate main_vg /dev/hda2
vgcreate -- INFO: using default physical extent size 4 MB
vgcreate -- INFO: maximum logical volume size is 255.99 Gigabyte
vgcreate -- ERROR "lvm_tab_read(): size" inserting volume group "main_vg"
into "/etc/lvmtab"

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

All I've did before the above command was make /dev/hda2 into a 8e
partition and then run:

# pvcreate /dev/hda2
pvcreate -- physical volume "/dev/hda2" successfully created

Thanks,

Mark.