[linux-lvm] using previously created lvm

Frank Wray frank_wray at siliconinfusion.com
Fri Oct 20 14:19:06 UTC 2000

> On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 01:07:12PM +0100, Frank Wray wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I would like to move a volume group from
> > the HPUX 10.20 box that it was created on
> > to a Linux box. The logical volumes are
> > all of type HFS and currently on a single
> > physical volume.
> No way, the format of PV under HP-UX and linux are different,
> besides Linux does not support HFS Filesystems.
> you have to backup all data on the HP9000 then restore on
> the linux.
Apologies - I had confused the HFS support with what turns
out to be Mac HFS support

> Besides HP9000 mainly use scsi differential disks, which
> do not work with Scsi single-ended controllers found on PCs
We started out with older C-class machines that
had differential interfaces, then later machines
had plain wide interfaces until the latest upgrade
to a B-class machine which has LDV interfaces! How
are you meant to keep up??? - Long live Linux:)

A shame that a straight forward port was not possible, but
many thanks for the help
Frank