[linux-lvm] Is LVM dead ?

Paul Jakma paulj at itg.ie
Sat Oct 21 09:19:31 UTC 2000

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Andi Kleen wrote:

> Perhaps it would be useful if you could do an interim 0.8
> mainteance release, with e.g. all the simple bugfixes Andreas
> Dilger has collected (segfaults etc.).

i second this. possibly Heinz as the main developer is currently very
deep into the cool new stuff of his upcoming v0.9, and so working on
0.8 isn't very attractive to him.

however, for users, 0.8 is what we have and it's become very difficult
to keep track of all the different patches/fixes. (least it would be
if it wasn't for andreas).

> There are unfortunately a few annoying bugs in the stock 0.8
> userland, which people rediscover and rereport all the time.

also, there are people who'd love to try LVM out on bigger machines
than home servers and laptops. but who need to convince a boss
first. a clean install process makes that latter part a lot
easier.

> -Andi

--paulj