[linux-lvm] Seems LVM not properly installed - help!

Rupert Heesom raheesom at navpoint.com
Tue Apr 17 23:13:15 UTC 2001

I've installed LVM using RPMs - the rpms listed belowl

lvm-iop10-0.9.1_beta6-1.i386.rpm
lvm-iop10-lib-0.9.1_beta6-1.i386.rpm
lvm-iop10-man-0.9.1_beta6-1.i386.rpm
lvm-iop10-patchgen-0.9.1_beta6-1.i386.rpm
lvm-base-1.1-1.i386.rpm

All the /sbin/<progs> are there (as far as I can tell).
I'm loading the kernel support via a module (kernel 2.4.3).  I can tell
the module is loaded by the LSMOD command which lists LVM-MOD as one of
the modules loaded.  Also /proc/lvm is there.

The iop10 libraries are under /lib/lvm-iop10.  (what IS "IOP10"
anyway??)

However when I try to run any of the /sbin progs, the same msg keeps
appearing -

    vgcreate
    lvmiopversion -- LVM driver/module not loaded?

    vgcreate: /lib/lvm-iop not found.  Is lvm-iop installed?

VGCREATE seems to be looking in the wrong place - "/lib/lvm-iop" instead
of "/lib/lvm-iop10".

Have I installed LVM correctly here, does anyone know?   If so, where
can I look for a solution?

--
regs
rupert