[linux-lvm] Kernel 2.4 -- invalid i/o protocol version

Ernesto Silva silva at athenea.ort.edu.uy
Thu Apr 19 21:12:43 UTC 2001

Hi guys,

	I'm having some trouble trying to make LVM work.

	I've recently installed  a new server, runing RedHat 7.0. I have also
installed 2.4 kernel with LM support.

	Then I  have downloaded lvm-0.8final from the sistina ftp site, then I
compiled it (I also included the patch) and I installed it. (well, no eveything
was so smoothly, but it's installed now).

	I can load the lvm-module fine, but when I run vgscan or pvcreate (I
also created a 0x8e type partition in my primary scsi disk) it complains saying
that:  "vgscan -- invalid i/o protocol version"

	Do you have any ideas how to fix it?

I only have one scsi disk of 18GB, but I will add at least another 2 in the
next month, so I need it working. Do you think this will work?? I'm almost
betting my job on it.

thanks
Ernesto Silva
ORT University of Uruguay.