[linux-lvm] LVM and DRDB

Harri Haataja harri at smilehouse.com
Mon Apr 23 07:37:11 UTC 2001

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Jes Sorensen wrote:
> > For a file system that size you might want to look at XFS instead.
>
> How stable is XFS compared to ext3 and reiserfs? For this system
> minimum downtime is very important..

Well, it is SGI/IRIX technology so it should be hugely scalable and stable
itself. It is a bit new on the Linux port, though (like IBM JFS) but a lot
of people seem to be trusting it already.

I personally don't think Reiser/ext3 have a significant headstart
yet. Reiser does have the odd B(*? +?)-tree magic technology inside
=) they so lobby.

I remember seeing a feature comparsion somewhere. LJ perhaps?

--
md5 sum:	07394dd242eb331be403826f2df92bbf