[linux-lvm] vgcfgrestore fails.

root root at vidar.deathbringer.com
Sat Apr 28 17:33:58 UTC 2001

I am running SuSe 7.1
2.4.0 kernel
512M Ram
AhA2940U2W
suse lvm

I had three volume groups and a week ago the volume group that contained user
had a drive crash.  I was unable to save usr but now I can not mount any of
my other volume groups and vgcfgrestore fails.  Is their any thing I can do
to get my data?
thor:~ # pvdisplay /dev/sdd2
--- Physical volume ---
PV Name               /dev/sdd2
VG Name               export
PV Size               8.3 GB / NOT usable 3.31 MB [LVM: 238 KB]
PV#                   2
PV Status             available
Allocatable           yes (but full)
Cur LV                1
PE Size (KByte)       4096
Total PE              2123
Free PE               0
Allocated PE          2123
PV UUID               ruLId0-1JoY-34Ja-oLW0-FmzV-Q5ZN-NQaZw9
thor:~ # pvdisplay /dev/sdc2
--- Physical volume ---
PV Name               /dev/sdc2
VG Name               export
PV Size               8.3 GB / NOT usable 3.31 MB [LVM: 238 KB]
PV#                   1
PV Status             available
Allocatable           yes (but full)
Cur LV                1
PE Size (KByte)       4096
Total PE              2123
Free PE               0
Allocated PE          2123
PV UUID               ynnKCX-mjlT-jeNe-9MHY-tnP2-XCIC-nbKrmq

thor:~ # vgcfgrestore -n export /dev/sdd2
vgcfgrestore -- ERROR: different structure size stored in "/etc/lvmconf/export.conf" than expected in file vg_cfgrestore.c [line
122]
vgcfgrestore -- ERROR "vg_cfgrestore(): read" restoring volume group "export"