[linux-lvm] Interesting note on 2.4.4 (off topic)

Eric M. Hopper hopper at omnifarious.org
Mon Apr 30 13:23:19 UTC 2001

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 05:15:22PM +0900, Glenn Shannon wrote:
> I have just seen another effect of running 2.4.4 (on my system only???)
>
> Apparently the DevFS in this kernel is buggy....
>
> I just tried to open an xterm...apparently I have no ptys available
> (what?????????)
>
> Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

	I'm not using DevFS, and I've had suing from root to someone
else fail for reasons that also seem to involve ptys.  Also, using the
loop device crashed every program that tried to access files on the
mounted filesystem caused evil looking kernel messages about
dereferencing NULL pointers and made everything unstable until I
rebooted.

	I think it's back to 2.4.3 for me.  :-(

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they
be properly armed.  -- Alexander Hamilton