[linux-lvm] LVM with multi-path disks?

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Sun Aug 5 18:25:58 UTC 2001

On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 10:44:11AM -0700, John DeFranco wrote:
> I'm not certain exactly how I would use md in this
> context, and I'm not sure that I really want to since
> I'm using hw raid.
LVM does NOT have support for multipath.
in *redhat* kernels there is a patch that adds multipath support
to the md driver, you configure it as a raid-1 array, but it is
actually a multipath configuration.
it is the only way i know of doing what you want.

btw. i never tried this, i have an XP512 but i don't have a fc
card supported by linux on intel (should i tri with pa-linux?)

L.

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.
 /"\