[linux-lvm] Two computers with one shared array?

Sebastian Andersson sa at hogia.net
Tue Aug 7 13:31:54 UTC 2001

I've got two computers connected to a JBOD array.
On it I've got 3 VGs and a bunch of free disks.
I'd like to use 2 of the VGs on one of the computers and the
other VG on the other computer.

Should I still vgscan on both computers at startup and then
vgchange -a y VG1 VG2 on the first computer and
vgchange -a y VG3 on the other computer?

Is it safe to vgchange -a n  on both computers or should
I only vgchange -a n VGx ?

Can I change the LVGs in a VG or do I need to inactivate everything on
the other computer while I do this and then vgscan after I'm done?

Regards,
/Sebastian
--
                             .oooO o,o Oooo.           Sex,