[linux-lvm] Writing forward compatible applications using /proc

José Luis Domingo López jdomingo at internautas.org
Sun Aug 12 22:21:39 UTC 2001

On Sunday, 12 August 2001, at 12:10:31 -0500,
Eric M. Hopper wrote:

> On 12 Aug 2001 13:54:02 +0000, José Luis Domingo López wrote:
> > As far as I know, there are plans to remove much of the thingss that
> > currently appear under /proc. It seems that only information about
> > processes currently running will remain under /proc.

Check this linux kernel mailing list for the (still scarce) details about
"removing" kernel tunables from /proc:
http://uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0105.3/1439.html

To be precise, dicussion about modifying existing /proc starts here:
http://uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0105.3/1469.html

There were not much discussion about the subject, but it seems that in
2.5.x /proc will just hold information about running processes. The rest
is still to be defined :)

Regards.

--
José Luis Domingo López
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian GNU/Linux Potato (P166 64 MB RAM)

jdomingo EN internautas PUNTO org  => ¿ Spam ? Atente a las consecuencias
jdomingo AT internautas DOT   org  => Spam at your own risk