[linux-lvm] lvm-mod PLEASE HELP!!!

Lewis Bergman lbergman at abi.tconline.net
Thu Aug 16 19:58:16 UTC 2001

On Thursday 16 August 2001 02:53 pm, you wrote:
> Hello !!!
>            I really need help with this install concerning the module
> lvm-mod. I am running redaht 7.1 with kernel 2.4.2-2. I have know
> installed lvm-1.0 and applied the patch. I have basically read and
> followed the directions over and over and still when I insmod lvm-mod It
> tells me no module to be found and I cannot figure it out. 1) I ran the
> configure script 2) ran make to create the patch and applied it 3)  ran
> make and make install.  Thanks, Chris.

After you applied the patch to the kernel did you then
make dep clean bzlilo modules modules_install   ?
You can substitute bzlilo for bzimage and then do the copying by hand to be
safe. If you haven't done the last two then there would be no modules
installed. Did you check under /lib/modules/kernelversion/ for the lvm
modules?
--
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications