[linux-lvm] vgscan && vgchange -ay at startup

Goetz Bock bock at blacknet.de
Tue Aug 21 14:00:12 UTC 2001

On Tue, Aug 21 '01 at 17:53, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> But how to have root mounted read-only?
> I resolved problem with only one file that needs to be read-write --
> it is /etc/mtab that I moved out to /var/run (modified glibc and
this should be fixable with making /etc/mtab a link to /proc/mounts

> mount itself).  So my root is now read-only at all times.  But how
> to deal with lvm?  Should I move /etc/lvm* to /var also?
The ideal solution would be to have LVM not write any files at all and
do everything in memory. If I want to make a backup (e.g. when changing
anything) either make the meta data journaling or save the backup to
some where in /var

just my Û0.02 (soon equal to $0.02, btw on my mac this is an euro sign)

But, I won't complain. LVM rocks as it is and I'm happy with it.
--
Goetz Bock                                              IT Consultant
Dipl.-Inf. Univ.