[linux-lvm] Strange message with 2.4.8+1.0.1rc1

Jean-Eric Cuendet Jean-Eric.Cuendet at linkvest.com
Mon Aug 27 12:34:21 UTC 2001

Hi,
I have 3 80Gb disks in LVM. I create a LVM volume group + Logical
volume. All is fine.
Then, I reboot. After that, it's no more visible.
If I run vgscan, nothing is found. vgchange -ay doesn't help either.
More, I can't recreate a VG with the same name, but it doesn't appear
anywhere (in /dev, /etc nor /proc/lvm/global). If I run a pvcreate on
the device that made the VG, it say that these are used by an unknown
VG. I must use -ff to recreate them and be able to recreate my VG. But
next reboot, it will be lost...

FYI, I set 8e on all the LVM partitions (4 partitions on each disk)
I have 1.0.1rc1 (tools + kernel) and 2.4.8.

Any idea?
Thanks
-jec

Jean-Eric Cuendet
Linkvest SA
Av des Baumettes 19, 1020 Renens Switzerland
Tel +41 21 632 9043  Fax +41 21 632 9090
http://www.linkvest.com  E-mail: jean-eric.cuendet at linkvest.com