[linux-lvm] Bug in the min and max macros in lvm-snap.c

José Luis Domingo López jdomingo at internautas.org
Tue Aug 28 17:19:09 UTC 2001

On Tuesday, 28 August 2001, at 07:57:20 -0600,
Hostmaster (www) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm installing the lvm_1.0.1-rc1 patch to a RedHat install (kernel 2.4.3-12).
>
> After installing the kernel patch, the kernel build was failing on the min and max macros in lvm-snap.c.

Maybe I'm wrong, but AFAIR Linus changed max and min macros on 2.4.9, so
they are not backwards compatible. As lvm_1.0.1-rc1 was intended for
kernel 2.4.9, I suppose it used those new max/min macros, so LVM 1.0.1-rc1
doesn't work with kernels < 2.4.9.

Check last week's linux kernel mailing list archives to check what people
think about this sudden change :)

--
José Luis Domingo López
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian GNU/Linux Potato (P166 64 MB RAM)

jdomingo EN internautas PUNTO org  => ¿ Spam ? Atente a las consecuencias
jdomingo AT internautas DOT   org  => Spam at your own risk